Nemo Qmail is a fast, reliable, extensive Mail Transfer Agent (MTA).
Nemo Qmail is the second generation of Daniel Bernstein's Qmail package. It has all the standard features of Daniel Bernstein's original software. The package as distributed by Daniel Bernstein has been enhanced/updated by Stephen Welker and repackaged for distribution using other packages listed on this site.
Includes all the features of the original distribution, plus:
- IPv6 capable.
- New programs to assist in filtering spam or malware emails - condredirect-clamdscan, condredirect-dbl, condredirect-hashbl, condredirect-badmailfrom, condredirect-spf, condredirect-virus, condredirect-junk.
- SMTP AUTH (message submission) - qmail-ofmipd, qmail-ofmipup, qmail-ofmip6d, qmail-ofmipup6.
- Recipient email addresses can be verified during SMTP RCPT processing - qmail-smptd, qmail-smtp6d, qmail-a2ud, qmail-a2u6d.
- Sender email addresses can be verified during SMTP MAIL processing - qmail-smptd, qmail-smtp6d.
- Client authentication can now use local email addresses - qmail-popup, qmail-popup6, qmail-ofmipup, qmail-ofmipup6.
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF) can be activated during SMTP processing - qmail-smptd, qmail-smtp6d.
- badmailfrom processing implemented using Constant DataBase (CDB) file format; large lists can now be used efficiently - qmail-newbmf.
- badmailfrom filtering extended to include processing of
Reply-To message headers - qmail-smtpd, qmail-smtp6d.
- New format for reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages.
- Considerable improvements to documentation - manual pages.
- Development environment,
- Internet mail message header format,
- RFC2499 - POP3 Extension Mechanism,
- RFC3461 - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Service Extension for Delivery Status Notifications (DSNs),
- RFC3463 - Enhanced Mail System Status Codes,
- RFC3464 - An Extensible Message Format for Delivery Status Notifications,
- RFC4422 - Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL),
- RFC4616 - The PLAIN Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanism,
- RFC4954 - SMTP Service Extension for Authentication,
- RFC5322 - Internet Message Format,
- RFC5782 - DNS Blacklists and Whitelists,
- RFC6409 - Message Submission for Mail,
- RFC6522 - The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages,
- RFC7208 - Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1.
All code that has been imported has come from public domain sources. If any omissions exist, please contact us and we will acknowledge the original author as appropriate.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to unlicense.org.